Monday, June 24, 2024

ARTVENTURE in 2 DAYS

Seven months have passed. Yes! Seven! Capital S-E-V-E-N! That's how long this post has been sleeping in my phone, and finally, I get to post it here!

Ever since I got back to Cebu after the pandemic, I promised myself to travel at least once a year! It doesn't have to be grand. It doesn't have to be abroad. It just has to be somewhere I have never been. In September, I found out that VAN GOGH ALIVE would open at BGC Art Center until December 2023. That pushed me to book a plane ticket, even if it meant just spending an overnight stay in Manila.

VAN GOGH ALIVE was the only plan, but as soon as I booked the ticket, I decided I might as well make the most of that weekend and turn it into an ARTventure—a time where my itinerary would include anything that involves ART. :)

November 18 came, and boy, that was indeed an awesome weekend ARTventure.


ARTVENTURE ITINERARY

1st Day - November 18, 2023
  • 8:45 AM - Cebu Departure
    I was so excited for this trip that I barely slept, fearing I might not wake up early. I have experienced missing a flight before, so yeah! I cannot risk it...

  • 10:20 AM - Manila Arrival

  • 11:00 AM - Lunch and stroll at Venice Grand Canal Mall. 
    The mall is indeed creatively built, considering that it's inspired by the Grand Canal in Venice. However, since I had my backpack with me, I didn't really enjoy strolling around and not being able to find a nice spot to sit. The restaurants are intriguing, and I really would like to try them, but since I traveled alone, I might not be able to finish everything. :( In the end, I settled for Popeye's chicken because it's one of our company's clients, and then went for a super yummy Koomi yoghurt and sat on a bench near the Grand Canal.


  • 2:00 PM
    I checked in at a nearby condominium, Stamford McKinley Hill. It's just a few steps away from the Venice Grand Canal Mall, so it was really convenient. Plus, I got it for only Php1,632.96 a night. :) Thanks to Agoda for the sweet find. I took a short rest before preparing for the main event. 

  • 4:00 PM 
    I decided it was time for me to go to BGC Arts Center. I was supposed to book a Grab car, but when I saw that it was just around 2.5 km away, I decided to walk there. It wasn't that hot anyway, and BGC is quite safe too. It's like a different universe. LOL.

  • 4:30 PM 
    I reached my destination and was happy to see that there was actually an Art Mart just behind the BGC Arts Center. I was able to collect some calling cards from artists and, of course, purchase a children's book from there.


  • 5:00 PM
    I was just sitting at McCafe (behind BGC Arts Center) waiting for a close community sister who was also going to accompany me to VAN GOGH Alive. She arrived just in time for us to line up. 

  • 6:00 PM 
    We entered the tour. Here are some pictures to swoon over.

  • 7:00 PM
    We finished the tour and went out to look for dinner. Another community sister joined us for dinner. Waaah, that hot and spicy dinner! Hahaha. The restaurant indeed lived up to its name. 
    We strolled around BGC at 8:00 PM and decided to call it a night by 9:00 PM, as I still have a long day ahead.

2nd Day - November 19, 2023
  • 9:00 AM
    I checked out from the condominium and booked a Grab car to Antipolo Cathedral to attend the 11:00 AM Mass.
  • 11:00 AM
    Attended Mass
  • 12:00 NN
    Went around the Antipolo Market to buy some pasalubong.
  • 1:00 PM
    I rode a tricycle and went to PINTO ART MUSEUM. I spent almost 3 hours there strolling and getting inspired by a variety of artworks. If I took the time to read each description of the pieces, 3 hours would definitely not be enough, especially considering the museum is about 1.5 hectares, including around 7 galleries. The entrance fee is Php250.00.

If only I could post everything here but I'll just leave these here. :)
  • 3:00 PM
    I took my late lunch at their cafe. The meals are just the usual cafe meals but, as expected, a bit pricey.

  • 4:00 PM
    I booked a Grab car to go back to Manila for dinner and prepare for my flight going back home.
  • 6:00 PM
    I met with the same sister I had dinner with on the previous night. We had dinner together.
  • 8:00 PM
    I booked a Grab car going to Airport to wait for my flight. I arrived at the airport and even got a massage for all the walking I did on that weekend
  • 11:40 PM - Manila Departure
  • 1:40AM - Cebu Arrival
That was a quick ARTVENTURE! One that didn't even cost that much, thanks to my Cheers points because I got to save money on my Grab bookings. Be back soon for another travel sharing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment