Sunday, March 13, 2016

VEE CREATIVE: COLORFUL LETTER POSTCARD

http://theblahblahnotebook.blogspot.com/search/label/Vee%20creative

Vee Creative is back with another cute and easy DIY. Today, I'm sharing an easy to do stencil which is perfect in making decorative arts on cards or just in any plain surface. I'm sharing today, the COLORFUL LETTERS. I know it doesn't sound that catchy but I really can't think of any cute title. Anyway, let's do this.


Here are the things you're going to need:

1. These plain kind-of thick cards which is perfect for postcards or greeting cards or anything-you-want-to-name-it cards. I used a Pale Cream letter sized 200gsm paper from WORX.


2. Wet tissue! Yes, you heard it right. Wet wipes are effective art instruments folks. You can definitely trust these babies. Any kind of wet wipes will do. Baby wipes, feminine wipes. It doesn't really matter as long as they're wet wipes.


3. Masking tape. This is the safest and cheapest way to stenciling. They're pretty trustworthy in keeping your paper clean as they are. 


4. Fabric markers. Actually, any kind of markers will do. I just happened to have these fabric markers instead of those permanent markers which are just limited to red, blue and black. You can also use watercolor gels or color pens.

HERE'S WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO.

PLAN YOUR DESIGN. In my case, I'm doing a letter postcard. I'm making postcards for all of my friends which I'm planning to distribute this Christmas. Each postcard will display the first letter of their names. I'm actually in my 7th one. Yeah!! Well enough of that. This time, I'm making an E.

Using your cut out paper, temporarily fix it on your working table or board or whatever you call your workplace with your masking tape.

Using your masking tape, cover the spaces that you don't want to get colored. Form your design shape.

See mine below!
Yeah! That's how you make an E, my way!


DECIDE YOUR COLORS. Pick the colors you want to see on those blanks and put them down on your wet wipes. 

See what I did below!
You can arrange the colors anyway you like.


GET DIRTY. Start messing around the blank spaces. Wipe the colors to the paper. You can use any strokes. That way, it'll create an artistic formations. 

HERE'S WHAT I DID!


Yes! Definitely that's the way you make things dirty.


And turn them to an ABSOLUTE BEAUTY!

Hope you guys enjoyed VEE CREATIVE DIYs! See you on my next creative post. 







No comments:

Post a Comment