Saturday, September 22, 2012

VERONICA ZUNDEL’S THE TIME OF OUR LIVES



I just got my salary last week and I bought a copy of The Hired Wife for my sister who was really eager to have a look with story I wrote... The other book I bought was Veronica Zundel’s Journeying with the Bible, “THE TIME OF OUR LIVES”, a bible study guide.





I promised myself that I would buy a new bible with my first salary however my budget couldn’t afford to buy a new one so I bought a study guide instead. Maybe next time, I can finally buy a new bible.  Anyway, I really like how the book was made.  It contains over 200 reflections and right now I’m through 8 articles of reflections of verses and prayers.


The book was divided into 5 chapters namely, THE TIME MACHINE, OLD TIMES, HARD TIMES, SIGNS OF THE TIMES and TIME TO GO, which truly make sense why the book was entitled TIME OF OUR LIVES. It talks a lot about times and amazing stories as well as lessons and truths that we sometimes deny.




“….The Bible is a treasure trove of compelling stories, practical sense, deep wisdom and passionate prayer. It has some of the best stories and most beautiful imagery in all literature. And it deals with the same major themes of the human condition as other great writings – relationships, war and peace, despair and hope, and the purpose of life. More than any ordinary novel, poem or play, however, the Bible speaks to us at the core of our being. When we open ourselves to its inspired and at times mysterious words, we open ourselves to the work of God in our lives.

Photo from Google Books


…In THE TIME OF OUR LIVES, Veronica Zundel invites us to pursue our journey with the Bible. Through an insightful and thought-provoking series of readings, she explores how the Bible is best interpreted and how it ‘works’ in our lives. This is a book that will stir up and challenge, nurture and encourage and, ultimately draw us closer to God.”





I truly wonder when will I able to finish reading it but I’m excited of being able to pass through the series of articles she wrote.



To know more about Veroniza Zundel… check out her website.





 







1 comment:

  1. Books, books, and more books! So happy you bought a new book with your pay, sis! ;-)

    ReplyDelete