Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Children's Book Reviews: Say it Like a Snake and Where Are You Pickles



 Say it Like a SnakeSay it Like a Snake by Lucy Morse
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Plot: This beautiful 32 page picture book tells the story of a girl named Sue who couldn't say her S's. With the help of Sam the snake she learns a rhyme that teaches her a great way to overcome her problem. 
 ~~from Goodreads~~



My Review:

I have a 6 year old nephew who is still having a hard time speaking fluently. It's like talking to a robot when I'm with him. It's cute but of course, his parents are still worried about his speaking problem specially with the letter "S".

When I read this children's book, I definitely told myself that this is an excellent exercise for him. I love how the authors have presented the S reading exercise in such a cute and fun read storybook that will absolutely encourage kids his age to read and learn reading "S" words.



http://www.amazon.com/Where-Pickles-Childrens-Picture-Story/dp/1909207314


Where Are You Pickles by Beverley Michael
My Rating:: 5 of 5 stars

Plot: Pickles is a cheeky, naughty, fun and lovable purple teddy who suddenly realizes that his owner, Erin, isn't where he left her. After a while, he starts to wonder whether it is really Erin who has gotten lost?
~~from Amazon~~



My Review:

This 37 page book is an excellent read. Pickles is purple teddy who we can relate as curious and smart kid. The illustrations are totally attractive and the story line is a page turner. It's the kind that kids will surely ask what will happen to Pickles next? It's a charming story and kids will learn a lot of lesson from it especially when going to far places. a) Never wander around without permission, b) Stay where you are, and lastly, c) Always listen to adults.

I can't wait to read it for my niece and nephew this weekend. I can already picture them listening attentively to Pickles' Story.


~These books deserves a 5-kid rating~
https://openclipart.org/image/800px/svg_to_png/93073/cartoon_kids.png


1 comment:

  1. That is an extremely smart written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    ReplyDelete