Well, before I proceed to enumerating the various amazing stuff I did for the past couple of weeks, let me just talk about books. I miss talking about books (in a blogging way).
- I read Damascena: The Tale of the Roses and Romi which I DNFed. Why? Well, you may check out my review about it. Although, I gave it a 2.5 rating, I have to say that I am also thankful for this book because it made me realize that I am really not into slow paced kind of books.
- A friend of mine lent me the ever famous piece Robin S. Sharma's The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. I've been hearing a lot about this book and I can't wait to take it home to Dapitan this Christmas. Weeee!!!
- Do you guys read at Wattpad? I have one installed in my phone but I only read stories written by Jonaxx. I know Tagalog love stories are mostly cliches and we've read a bunch of same patterns back in our Highschool days (PHR days) but the stories Jonaxx (called Queen J by her fans) write are so so so so indescribably-amazing (wooah! exaggeration overload). Her characters are brilliant, strong, lovely and interesting and I think she'd already set her stories in various places and islands of the Philippines. What's even more interesting is that her stories, even with different main characters, are interconnected. How awesome is that? You can check her stories at her blog or at Wattpad. My first recommendation to read is Loving Darkness. She has already one book published entitled Mapapansin Kaya under Summit Books. Another story entitled Heartless is soon to be published under Sizzle.
- Oh, before I forget, I really really have to share this. I found this Instagrammer @books_polished who makes book inspired nail art. She is so amazing that I requested a Rainbow Rowell inspired nail art and here it is. She did it for me. I'm so thankful.
- I went to the City of Smiles. YAHOO!!! Bacolod City. Such a beautiful and peaceful place. My officemate and I got to book a roundtrip ticket worth Php 1,030.00 only. We got to visit Campuestuhan, Bacolod's version of Cebu's Mountain View, picture taking at The Ruins, went to church at San Sebastian, Museum hopping at Silay City an of course, sweet foodtrip at Calea. It was just an overnight stay so we didn't get to visit some other awesome places but indeed it was such an enjoyable experience.
- I took a writing class online at EdX. EdX is an online community where prestigious universities from all over the world offer courses and subjects for all for free. IT was primarily founded by Harvard University, Berkeley and MIT. Now, the site has a lot of courses to offer hosted by different University like Queensland University, etc. It was a 2 month course and I just finished it last November 17. Yahoo!!!
- I attended this year's 2014 Regional Lingkod Training Conference (RLTC), it's a regional activity for Ang Lingkod ng Panginoon, a Catholic community of young professionals. It's my first time to join the said event and it was an amazing, inspiring and overwhelming experience. I got to meet new friends from different corners of the Visayas region and learn things that strengthens my faith to God. Another bunos is that I get to go to Ormoc City for the first time.
- When I'm online, I stream and download my favorite TV shows at Glowgaze. My perfect movie and TV bestfriend. With Glowgaze, I'm totally updated with my favorite shows. Every Monday, I get to watch Rick, Daryl, Glen and company fight walkers in The Walking Dead. Every Thursday, I run along with the fastest superhero The Flash. Every friday, I get to laugh at loud at Dr. Sheldon Cooper and his group of nerd friends in The Big Bang Theory and get bitten by vampires with The Vampire Diaries.
Well, did I miss anything? Oh, yeah, of course there's my work but I don't think it's that interesting so I'll just skip that. Wooh, for now, I have a lot to do. Aagel of Mindful Ramblings just nominated me in this awesome Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award so I'll be posting about that soon. Stay tuned!