I know I'm already 3 days late but it's better late than never. Ha-ha! Happy New Year!
I really did try to make a post last December after my November post but then things got a little busier than ever and even my internet connection was being so ridiculous.
Anyways, just a little recap with my December and some peeks to my upcoming posts and blogging goals that I look forward to fulfill in connection with my resolutions. Hmmp.
- It was a bit frustrating at first because a week after Ruby hit the Philippines, we lost our internet connection at the office and it was rather strange that only Mandaue City is the affected one although PLDT claims the whole VISMIN is affected. So my work tripled since there were lots of pending paperworks. I had to bring my pocket wifi in order to have an internet connection which is not that fast anyway so there's only little improvement. Sad but I'm expecting a lot of work this Monday that I'm hoping to survive.
- Parties are definitely everywhere. I attended 4 Christmas parties all in all. The first one was for ALNP community which was held at Handuraw Pizza. I was one of the organizing team and it was a very fun night filled with games, awesome food and gifts. The second one was for an outreach Christmas party for the out-of-school youths held at John Paul XXIII Seminary where we(ALNP) organized the Youth Games. There were about 120 kids. It was a fun morning. The kids were having fun with all the games, prizes and snacks.
- The third was the Women's Thanksgiving Party which is still with ALNP. It was an awesome night of food, Kinect dances, videoke, games and gifts.
- And the last one is of course, our office Christmas party. There are only 12 employees in Cebu branch so it's just a small crowd so we decided to held our party at Cebu Westtown which is just adjacent to MO2. The best thing about it was that I received a full volume of Sherlock Holmes book. How awesome is that? Huh! We also played Charades with my elder office mates including the big bosses. It was fun.
- Oh! Before I forgot, I had a painful meet-up with a man-hole which I shared on my FB. I got bruised and cuts in my knee. Oh! Gravity! Why so harsh?! Anyway, that was still a funny experience.
- I traveled Cebu to Dapitan via land trip for the first time ever and was able to see a lot of awesome beaches on my way to the South of Cebu. The frustrating part was the ticket line for the Lite Shipping at Samboan was so long that my friend and I got ours on 6pm, 4 hours later after we arrived there on 2pm. I arrived to Dapitan at around 1 AM in the dawn and it was raining. Hooh! Such an tiring but still good experience.
- Lastly, me and my high school classmates arranged a small get-together just to catch up with each other. It was an awesome day even when it rained on our way home.
- The best part of course is having a long vacation with my family in my very own home town. :) Thanks God!
NEW YEAR GOALS AND SNEAK PEEKS
- I never got to fulfill my 2014 Goodreads Challenge but that's about to change now. He-he! I'm super happy that I was able to read 4 books over the 1 week vacation I got. Later this week, I'll be posting my thoughts on Cecilia Ahern's Love, Rosie, Rainbow Rowell's Fangirl and Eleanor and Park and Stephanie Perkin's Is Happily Ever After. So now, I'm done 4 out of my 50 books target. I know this is just a small figure for some but well, I'm not much of a very fast reader. He-he! Of course, this is the top priority of this blog this year.
- Like I said in my previous post, I'll be posting my post for the Aagel's tag, The Sisterhood of Blogging Pants. soon...
- I've been doing a lot of DIYs these days so might as well share it with the blogosphere also like some sort of a feature. Hopefully more features to come!
- Last year, I've read a lot of self-published books and it really didn't made me that happy. It felt like I was being obliged to do it even when I'm not enjoying them after all but since I'm an aspiring writer also, I want to support self-published writers and all those times I found myself reading boring stuff and neglecting the books that I really want to read so this year, I'm going to change that. I'll only allow myself to read 1 self-published book every month, review and post them in my blog. That way, I'll still be able to read my TBR lists.
- Oh! Lastly, last year, I joined the My Coffee Prince buddy watch which Joy of The Bookshelf Intruder organized. I wasn't able to finish during the vacation since we don't have a DVD player at home in Dapitan and an internet connection so I'm hoping to be able to catch up with the series this month and post my thoughts about it here soon.
Oh!!! I really hope I can do all this! I will!